Monday, May 9, 2011

Our new Custom Project- Art in Action!

Anyone who knows me very well, knows that I love art, creativity & music. A few years ago when we first moved to Greenville, Mike & I stumbled upon an art festival downtown, called Artisphere. As we walked down into the beautiful Falls Park we heard some rock music blaring and saw this guy with crazy blonde hair dancing around & slinging paint. Even my little boys were mesmerized. As we watched, the life size canvas turned into a painting of Tom Petty! Ever since then, my family has loved the art of Brian Olsen. Every year, we are usually camped out the entire weekend in front of the Art in Action stage, like little groupies! I know it sounds silly, but it's so fun to watch. Take a minute to watch this video and you'll get a glimpse of what his art is like:



With all this being said, I am very excited to announce that Peace, Love & Soap has been working with the Art in Action team and we've come up with a custom "Art in Action" soap bar! It will be sold this year at the merchandise tent of Brian Olsen, Art in Action. The soap is all natural and handmade, of course, and it also has exfoliants in it to help wash paint (or whatever your medium may be) off of those artsy folks hands! So don't miss out on your Peace, Love & Soap, "Art in Action" bar and definitely don't miss out on watching Brain Olsen do his thing!!

Here are some pictures of us enjoying Artisphere through the years...

This was the first time we saw Art in Action
This was the second year. The boys love running around Falls Park in between shows. I love this picture!
I actually won one of Brian's painting in an online contest. So many people pulled together & voted for me to win the painting. I couldn't believe it!
So excited the day it came!

This is the boys with their Art in Action tattoos!
The boys think he's the coolest!!

No comments: